Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Politics of Food

I found a news piece that I found pretty interesting. Despite not being directly related to me, or anyone I know for that matter, New Hampshire is looking a passing a new law regarding food. No, they aren't taking on corporate giant Monsanto, but rather ordinary citizens. New Hampshire is looking into requiring people who use food stamps to take drug tests. Clearly this debate could be a heated one, so I will avoid disclosing my personal opinion on this proposed law. What I would like to point out though is that it is interesting that the government's control over the food we consume and how we reach that food is much broader than an ordinary citizen may presume.

-- Eric

Article found from:
http://www.slashfood.com/2011/02/23/one-more-state-joins-the-drug-test-for-food-stamps-debate/

2 comments: